Diagnosing Neck Pain Symptoms in Henderson, NV
Are you suffering from neck pain? Do you wonder whether or not all neck pain is the same? The answer is, 'It's complicated'.
Neck pain can be experienced with a variety of other problems. The combination of symptoms gives us a clue as to why you have neck pain. Below is a list of some of the other symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck discomfort:
- Headache – This may happen because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or because of trigger points within the muscles that end up referring pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness shows that the muscles are trying to prevent movement so that no further damage will occur to the fundamental structures of the neck.
- Poor range of motion – The inability to move your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This symptom suggests that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision problems – This symptom implies that injury to your neck is more than just muscle strain or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Fatigue is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Henderson, NV chiropractor, Dr. Russell, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Henderson, NV, call us for a session today at (702) 990-2225!