Common Auto Injury Symptoms
Over the years, we've treated many patients with auto injury symptoms in our Henderson, NV clinic. Chiropractic adjustments are the perfect approach to these kinds of problems, and some research shows that approximately 90% of patients show improvement after a car accident when getting chiropractic care.
A collision subjects your body to rapid, intense motion that it isn't intended to deal with. As a result of the severe stresses you're exposed to, the ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscle tissue of your body can be stretched, sprained, or torn during a crash. This can result in chronic pain and disability if not dealt with promptly.
From our practical experience and success treating auto injury cases, we've seen these common signs and symptoms in our patients:
- Headaches - Nearly every auto injury patient in our office reports headache pain, and this can have a wide array of origins, based upon on the type of injury you had.
- Low back pain - Yet another prevalent problem in adults and especially after a car wreck.
- Neck aches and pains - Your neck is one of the most sensitive areas of the body during a car accident, and it can easily be injured. In point of fact, most symptoms that arise after a collision can be directly linked to injuries of the cervical spine.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder can be damaged by the seat belt, the strains on your arm during a collision, or can be a secondary symptom triggered by neck injury.
- Jaw symptoms - Jaw symptoms (or TMJ dysfunction) are still another common symptom we see in our Henderson, NV patients, and can be tricky to diagnose. Occasionally TMJ problems doesn't show up for weeks or months after your injury.
- Radicular pain - Radiating pain can be diagnosed by numbness or tingling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many auto accident patients experience this symptom.
- Dizziness or Vertigo - This is a complex symptom that can also have a variety of origins. In most cases, we find that neck trauma is the primary cause of this problem.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is another problem caused by injury to your neck during a collision.
If you're encountering any of these symptoms after an injury, give our clinic a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic care is a safe, successful, and non-invasive method that works for these types of injuries.
If you've been injured fairly recently, it's essential that you seek care promptly. With no treatment injuries can give rise to diminished range of motion and the creation of scar tissue, and that can lead to prolonged pain and disability. Research studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the injured tissues can speed healing and reduce the risk of long-term problems.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Henderson, NV, and we would love to help you get back on the road to health. Give our office a call today at (702) 832-1788 for an appointment.